TERMS AND CONDITIONS MORE AFRICA GUESTHOUSE
The Terms & Conditions set out below apply to all bookings for More Africa Guesthouse.
All prices are per room per night (unless otherwise stated). Prices are subject to Value Added Tax at the current prevailing rate and local tourism levies. All prices are except infrastructure tax a 1USD per person per night. This needs to be due cash on arrival.
Prices are subject to change without notice. However, your price is guaranteed once you receive a booking confirmation. For the avoidance of doubt, prices do not include any extra charges, which you may incur during your stay (including, for example, roomservice costs, restaurant & bar bills and excursion/transfer bills). Such charges will be payable by you on your departure and, in the event that you fail to pay any such incidental charges, it is a condition of your contract with us that you irrevocably authorize us to debit your credit or debit card (see ‘Deposits and Pre-payments’ below) for the amount of any shortfall.
The prices shown are not valid in conjunction with any other offer and, until you have received your confirmation number.
Availability of rooms at the rates shown online may be limited and/or restricted to certain periods.
Children under the age of 3 can stay free of charge at our hotel, when sharing a room with two paying adults where a suitable room is available. Children from the ages of 3 to 12 will be charged a supplement per child per night for bed & breakfast. Availability of suitable rooms is limited. The hotel concerned will determine whether a room is suitable for the purpose of this offer. We do offer child friendly menus and these are charged as taken.
Guests with impaired mobility
More Africa provides wheelchair ramps in all our public areas. Unfortunately our rooms are not equipped enough for guests with impaired mobility.
More Africa has two dogs, a cat, two goats and a bunch of chicken and ducks. Please be aware that these animals are part of our entourage and will not be removed for whatever reason.
It is not allowed to bring your own pet to More Africa.
You can park your car for free on the premises of More Africa
Please note that the guesthouse is fully non-smoking inside the rooms. Outside and in the restaurant it is possible to smoke, but with respecting of non-smoking guests.
Arrival and departure
Hotel rooms are available from 2PM on the day of arrival. Rooms must be vacated by 11AM on the departure day.
After that time, on the grounds of the delayed vacating of the room for use exceeding the contractual time, the hotel may charge 50% of the full accommodation rate (list price) for the additional use of the room until 6:00pm (after 6:00pm: 100%).
We provide one (1) key for every room. If you lose the key, More Africa will charge you 50 USD for changing the lock and replace the keys. Please leave your key at the reception when you leave More Africa. We kindly ask you to fill in the key agreement form during check-in.
Every room has a small safebox. If you want to use this safetybox, please tell the reception.
They will provide you a form which you need to sign before using the safe.
If you lose the key, More Africa will charge you 50 USD for changing the safebox.
Sport, Health & Leisure
More Africa offers massage, manicure and pedicure facilities. Please check the availability and prices at the reception.
More Africa also offers (board) games. Your use of such facilities is subject to any particular terms and conditions of the hotel. More Africa cannot be held responsible for any sickness, pain and injuries coming from our massage or sports facilities.
Deposits and pre-payments
You will be asked to guarantee your booking with a valid credit or debit card. No payment is taken from your credit or debit card at the time of booking. Payments can be done by CASH on arrival or departure (according to your wishes) or up front to our bank account. Or in the event of cancellation otherwise than in accordance with our cancellation terms. See ‘Cancellations and Amendments’ below for details on cancellations. Only by special-offers we take by booking full payment.
Cancellations and amendments
All cancellations must be made in accordance with our cancellation terms.
Where a cancellation is not made in accordance with our cancellation terms, we reserve the right to charge you the following:
- Cancellation 21 days and more prior arrival, no charge is charged.
- Cancellation between 21 days and 15 days before arrival, 50% of the total costs will be charged.
- Cancellation between 14 or less prior arrival, 100% of the total costs will be charged.
- No shows will be charged with the total invoice costs.
Whilst every effort is made to fulfil any particular requests which you may have in relation to your stay with us, we cannot unfortunately guarantee that we will be able to meet any particular requests which you may make and our failure in this regard will not constitute a breach of contract.
In the unlikely event that we have to change or cancel your reservation, we reserve the right to do so. However, you have the right to:
- Accept the changed arrangements as notified; or
- Make alternative arrangements with us; or
- Cancel your reservation and receive a full refund of any monies which you have paid to us in respect of your reservation (please note that we shall not be liable for any sums which you have paid to any other persons in connection with your reservation).
For the avoidance of doubt, we shall have no further liability to you for any changes to or the cancellation of any booking.
Complaints or comments
We take our guest satisfaction very seriously. Any complaint or comment regarding a stay at our guesthouse should be made in the first instance to the hotel’s duty manager at the time of your stay so that we can attempt to resolve it immediately.
At your departure we will ask you to fill in a guest feedback form.
- More Africa will not be liable for any loss or damage
- More Africa is not liable to the guest for property (cash securities and valuables) brought into the guesthouse.
- More Africa will not be responsible in case of valuable loss, injury or death caused to the guest in act of robbery or piracy inside the guesthouse.
- Activities and excursions are also on theown riskof the guest. The guest will not receive a cashback for any reason.
- All invoices (restaurant, activities, taxi’s) signed by the guest will have to be paid before departure.
- If you don’t obey the terms & conditions, More Africa Guesthouse is allowed to remove you from the premises, without any cashback.
- Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this, we cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions, and reserve the right to vary, amend, supplement or cancel any of the information or offers featured online at any time.
- Please be aware that you enter an NGO. More Africa supports children and young adults with disabilities all over Zanzibar through special education, physical therapy and medical care.
- Because you are staying at NGO, More Africa finds it important to explain to guests about the culture. We kindly ask you to respect the culture and local values.
- Do NOT wear swimwear, shorts or tops when you walk inside the village or when you visit our school (only on appointment).
- DO wear long pants or skirt and a t-shirt over your shoulders. Keep in mind; knees and shoulders covered=good!
- More Africa doesn’t sell alcohol at times that the school is open. Only alcohol after 1PM.
- Please don’t give toys, candy, food or money to children in the village. Many tourist do this already. You create a “begging culture”. If you want to give something for example to the school, discuss this with the managers of More Africa first.
- Please try to avoid too much plastic. Even while plastic is still around, it is forbidden on Zanzibar, because it is difficult to recycle on an island.
- For the same reason More Africa provides one bottle of water per person on arrival. You can refill your bottle at the bar. We kindly ask you to pay USD2 per person per day for water. We also sell recycled hard-plastic bottles. We try to use as less plastic as possible.
- It isn’t allowed to bring in non-guests (at night).
- Drugs on our premises are not allowed.
- Keep in mindthatnot everyoneon Zanzibaris comfortablewhen youtake a picture.People thinkthat apart of their soulremainsin the photo.Always asktothe personif it isokay totake a picture.Respectit astheperson don’twant you to take the picture.
- Please switch off all electricity (lights/fan) when you leave the room. Save electricity!
- Please don’t make noise between 22.00 and 08.00. Keep in mind that you are not alone!
- All accommodations are non-smoking. You can smoke outside, with respect for the non-smokers.
- Please leave your key at the reception when you leave our premises.