“It all starts with a story…”
Why support us?
Progress will only be successful if the local organisation and/or the local community itself contributes to the project.
That is why More Africa:
1. Offers special education, physical therapy, daycare and medical care to children with mental and/or physical disabilities all over Zanzibar
2. Offers an 18+ training program within our guesthouse to give young people and adults with disabilities the opportunity to be part of the community, use their voice and provide for their own income.
3. Provides opportunities for young people with disabilities to learn a profession. Also offers opportunities/space for adults with disabilities to teach their profession/craft to our youngsters.
Good to know
- More Africa is changing lives of children with mental and/or physical disabilities on Zanzibar who cannot go to local government schools because of their disability
- More Africa is involving parents in the care of their child. We believe involving parents is the key to change!
- 100% of donations are used for the children in terms of quality education, physical therapy, medical care or More Africa’s sustainable development goals. Donations will not be used for overhead costs.
- More Africa’s most important goal is to become self-sustainable.
- Only our local staff will get paid and work directly with our children to create a safe and professional environment
- Our international volunteers don’t get paid. We only work with professional volunteers such as social workers or physical therapists. We also work with interns. Our international volunteers will train our local staff.
- More Africa has no religious motivation
- Finances are open to the public
- There are many benefits for sponsors. Keep on reading below to find out!
How can I help?
Sustainable sponsoring programs
Are you interested in sponsoring one of our programs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org