More Africa offers working holidays for our guests who stay in one of our bungalows. While staying in our guesthouse, guests will directly support our special school for children with disabilities.
More Africa also offers guests something extra; the possibility of working 3 hours per day in return for a 10% discount on the original roomprice. Of course only for the days that you are actually working.
When you decide to come to More Africa for a working holiday; don’t expect that you will work directly with the children.
Only trained professionals and students who are willing to help for at least 4 weeks are allowed to work directly with the children.
As a working-holiday-guest you will support More Africa in the daily living tasks, such as watering the flowers, taking care of the animals in the carefarm, mowing the grass, painting, making decoration etc.
If you have a special skill you’d like to show us, we’ll be very happy. Please send us your special skill and come with ideas to help!
– A restaurant owner who sets up a high-tea together with our staff
– A musician/guitarist (please bring your own guitar) who organizes a music evening where the income goes to the school.
– A balloon artist who gives the kids a great day
– A bicycle mechanic who wants to set up our bike shop
– A product designer who wants to support in setting up our workshop
– A yoga teacher who comes to give classes where the income goes to the school.
– A dentist who checks our kids’ teeth
– A doctor who does checkups on our children
– A sportsman/woman who organizes a volleyball tournament where the income goes directly to the school.
– A massage professional who wants to give massages, where the income goes directly to the school
– A professional in foot reflex therapy where the income goes directly to the school
Guidelines for working holidays
– Guests need to stay in our bungalows for at least 2 nights
– At least 2 days work during your stay
– Working 3 hours per day under supervision of our local staff
– Not allowed to work directly with the children
– 10% discount per working day on your room rate. Make sure you make a direct booking, we cannot give you this option when you book through booking.com